This included an immediate state coordinated clean up allowing crews to move quickly into the worst affected areas to undertake hazard assessment and demolition of any severely damaged structures.
We established regional recovery hubs with access to vital services for people, and provided grants and a range of recovery support services to businesses, not‑for‑profit organisations and the community.
Support was also provided for schools and TAFEs to ensure continuation of education services. This included funding to repair damaged facilities, for additional staffing and to deliver remote learning.
We are going further in this Budget investing $677 million to meet the emergency response and recovery needs of flood affected communities, including:
- Early intervention and psychological services to support the mental health of communities impacted by floods and disasters.
- Support to councils for flood recovery programs and to undertake secondary impact assessments.
- Continuing the communications program on flood recovery, and covering emergency services response costs.
- Repairs to the flood impacted VICSES Emergency Hubs at Rochester and Heathcote.
- Replacement of the flood impacted Rochester Police Station.
- Additional flood recovery support programs that are yet to be agreed with the Commonwealth on eligibility for cost sharing arrangements.
Reviewed 19 May 2023