Communities from all around the globe call our state home, and that’s something we’re extremely proud of.
Because the people who come from abroad to make Victoria their home always bring new perspectives and enhance the way we grow as a community.
That’s why our Government has always backed multicultural communities, and why we always will.
This Budget invests in Victoria’s multicultural communities – and the people who call our state home:
- $40 million to continue the Multicultural Infrastructure Fund to upgrade, renovate and build multicultural and multifaith community facilities.
- $17 million to upgrade and revitalise business and cultural hubs in Victoria’s multicultural precincts, provide grants to multicultural trader associations and for scholarships to help train staff to fill jobs in these precincts.
- $12 million to help our multicultural and multifaith communities celebrate the festivals and events that offer important connections.
- $9.8 million for multicultural support programs including the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria, to help the voices of our multicultural and multifaith communities be heard.
- $6 million to fund anti‑vilification campaigns to counter discrimination and prejudice.
- $6 million to strengthen and extend language provision in Community Language Schools and select government schools, including by establishing three new beacon schools offering Hindi and Punjabi language subjects.
Reviewed 21 May 2023