This Budget delivers a $235 million package to help students living with disability, their carers and families.
The package provides $122 million to support one of the biggest challenges for families of children with disability – out of hours care. The Budget expands the Outside School Hours Care program to 30 specialist schools, giving more kids the high‑intensity support they need.
The Budget delivers on our election commitments, including:
- $25 million to build therapy pools at specialist schools.
- $7.5 million to help get more speech pathologists and occupational therapists to regional Victoria.
- $7.3 million for TAFE transition officers to help students with disability.
- $6.3 million for more extracurricular activities in specialist schools.
- $4.8 million to integrate more therapy animals into the government school community.
- $3.8 million to get more disability workers into rural and regional areas.
- $3 million to help the Association for Children with Disability.
- $1.7 million to help healthcare workers better communicate with people with autism.
- $100,000 for specialist schools to access an app for people who are non‑verbal.
And on top of our election commitments, the Budget also funds:
- $32 million to continue and expand the Students with Disabilities Transport Program, which provides transport assistance for students with disability to attend specialist schools.
Reviewed 20 May 2023