This Budget continues our work to build a safer road network, with $2.8 billion for a program of road maintenance and renewal and flood recovery works across the metropolitan and regional road network. This package includes routine maintenance, road resurfacing and rehabilitation, and bridge and drainage repairs to support the productivity of our road network.
We’ll provide $694 million for a road blitz, upgrading key roads and intersections across our state including in Altona Meadows, Wyndham Vale and Bacchus Marsh – reducing travel times and improving safety in major growth areas.
Other initiatives in this Budget include:
- $62 million to deliver local road upgrades to improve safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.
- $32 million for West Gate Bridge maintenance works to improve safety, and support the movement of freight.
- $16 million for the School Crossing Supervisor Program to help get kids to school safely.
- $15 million to modernise trucks to improve air quality in the inner western suburbs.
- $5 million to seal gravel and dirt roads in Inner West communities.
Reviewed 20 May 2023