Investment $335 million
This record investment in elective surgery will mean the patients currently waiting the longest for surgeries will move off hospital waiting lists and get the surgeries they need sooner.
Those patients waiting the longest, with the most complex surgeries, will be prioritised. This record investment will mean that these patients will now get the surgery they need.
What will the money be used for?
This investment includes:
Additional elective surgery and capital works injection
The $335 million boost includes funding over five years for additional elective surgery and an immediate capital works injection.
- The equivalent of:
- Around 3,100 more coronary artery by-pass grafts
- Around 6,700 more hip replacements
- Around 6,800 more knee replacements
- Around 22,000 more sinus and ear operations
- Around 34,000 more eye surgeries