An initial investment of $320 million for the Hospital Infrastructure Delivery Fund will start preparing for:
- A new hospital and public sector residential aged care facility for West Gippsland.
- A bigger and better Monash Medical Centre with more operating theatres and a new intensive care unit.
- An expanded emergency department, new intensive care unit and new outpatient clinic at Dandenong Hospital.
- A new emergency department and inpatient tower at Northern Hospital.
- An expanded emergency department and upgraded short stay unit at Austin Hospital.
- A new emergency department and inpatient towers at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Melbourne’s growing eastern suburbs.
- Extra beds, a new birthing complex and new outpatient clinic for Wonthaggi Hospital.
We’ll invest $969 million to ensure new and upgraded facilities are patient ready, with capacity to treat more than 300 additional patients and 80 extra beds supported across Victoria, including at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Albury Hospital and Wonthaggi Hospital.
Reviewed 21 May 2023