This Budget continues that commitment, delivering $238 million to support victim survivors and their families.
This investment includes:
- $18 million for family violence refuge responses, supporting the operation of 2 new and 13 redeveloped core and cluster refuges, enhancing case management responses.
- $9.7 million for prevention and early intervention activities, which provides funding to prevent and respond to family violence earlier, including in our culturally diverse communities.
- Therapeutic and flexible support for children, young people and adults impacted by family violence.
- 5,700 family violence flexible support packages for victim survivors of family violence every year.
- Adolescent family violence services for young people and their families.
In line with the Royal Commission into Family Violence’s recommendations, an extra $2.7 million will deliver improvements including better multi-agency information sharing – giving perpetrators nowhere to hide.
An additional $11 million will help keep perpetrators accountable, including continuing the Caring Dads program following its successful trial.
Reviewed 23 November 2020