This investment includes:
- $32 million to attract and retain more teachers across regional Victoria, including allowances for pre-service teachers to undertake placements at regional and remote schools.
- $30 million to build and operate new tech schools in Warrnambool and Wangaratta.
- $4.7 million to expand equity and excellence for rural and regional students raising their aspirations of post-school pathways, developing regional networks of schools to share resources with each other and improve student outreach.
- $4 million to continue the Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project, which provides services and support to improve social and educational outcomes for children in Shepparton.
- $4 million towards deliver the Victorian Sailing and Water Safety School operated by Newcomb Secondary College in Geelong. This school will work with schools across our state to improve our kids’ knowledge of water safety.
Reviewed 16 May 2023